Unity Tutorial 01

Get Object Hierarchy From Unity Scene | by ashdeep upadhyay | Medium

Link to source (Google Images)


 Jumping into Unity I was excited and a little bit nervous. I love games and have always wanted to see the workings and the background of developing a game. Once I opened Unity at first I was delighted to realise that the layout is similar to a software I've used in the past, Cinema 4D. I have some experience in Cinema 4D creating 3D objects, some for graphics and some for motion graphics such as Intros.



Below is one of my early pieces est. 2016


(Personal Video)



By following the tutorials it made navigating much easier. I was playing the videos at 1.75-2.0x speed as I had a good understand of the software early on. The navigation of Unity was much easier compared to Cinema 4D in my opinion although I do prefer the colour scheme of C4D. The light grey feels like things blend into eachtother but that's okay. One very useful tip I discovered from the tutorials was the ability to change the colour of the software when in "game view" this is such a great trick. I know for a fact in the future I would have been editing my scenes while in game view just for everything to get deleted.

I'm happy with my progress today and genuinely look forward to completing and playing the game for the first time. It felt straight forward while following the tutorials but I don't know how confident I would be in completing them tasks without the guidance. I still have so much to learn and will definitely run into some problems along the way but that's okay. I will definitely be experimenting with this software more and will be looking at more advanced, maybe intermediate tutorials on Youtube where I've developed many skills over the years. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction Of A Future Superstar

Unity Tutorial 02