Unity Tutorial 04

 


This weeks tutorial we were introduced to objects colliding with one another. This was a very interesting lesson and has opened my eyes to endless possibilities. It was basic, once an item collides it was set to make both objects disappear. This was achieved by adding Collider components to our objects in the game, then writing a CSharp script in Visual Studio. With the completion of the tutorials however, the game felt like it didn't run as well as it could have. There's many speed values I would like to change along with the size of my game. I felt everything was quite crowded and it became difficult to progress in the game as the animals spawned frequently and the speed of the character was just not capable of catching them all. 


Another mechanic that we were very briefly introduced to is gravity. By removing gravity from our pizza slice in the game, the slice would fly along the ground endlessly. That's really all the introduction we got, disabling gravity, but I'm fascinated and look forward to exploring that game mechanic more in the future. I've learned a lot during the. development of this game, and of course it was done by following step by step guides and I know I will find it very challenging in the future but it's very nice to see something progress and develop into a finished project, no matter how impressive it may be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction Of A Future Superstar

Unity Tutorial 02