Planning My Research

 




This week I was tasked with choosing a specific area of a game to research and write about. I wanted something that nobody else would write about but that I also feel is an important aspect of any successful games life. The topic I selected was "replay value" in games. I believe this is absolutely crucial for games, both single and multiplayer games. Personally I enjoy multiplayer games much more and have seen big franchises capitalize on in game cosmetics that become unlockable through completeling weekly/monthly tasks, live events or purchasable content through ingame stores. This keeps the game fresh and intriuging, keeping players coming back and continuing to populate games.


   I have also seen the complete opposite happen. A game which I love, borderline obsessed with "Gears 5" has done a poor job of executing decent replay value in their game. Due to a release of an unfinished game along with prioritizing other elements of the game, the population has fallen off drastically since release. This comes down to the game feeling stagnant and failing to release new content to keep players happy and excited for the future. The affects of that are clear as now the game takes twice as long to match with other players to complete lobbies. It's a shame as people will be somewhat please quite easily but a complete lack and disregard for decent replay value has certainly diminished the playerbase to a worrying extent.


Key Phrases:

Replay Value

Updates

New Content

Weekly Store

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction Of A Future Superstar

Unity Tutorial 02